I recently concluded a bible study on the life of Caleb.
Not much is known of him, he’s certainly not as frequently mention unlike the likes of Moses or even Joshua.
He was a peer of Joshua’s, a minor character amongst men but definitely big with God.
Let me give a summary on our bible study on Caleb…
- He had a godly perspective
- He was unpopular with man
- But he looked beyond the bad things to see the good things
- Caleb had ‘God-view’ (faith) not ‘man-view’ (fear)
- Caleb looked with eyes of faith (“God CAN…”) not with eyes of fear (“I cannot, we cannot…”)
- Fear looks at ourselves (we get overwhelmed)
- Faith looks at God (we overcome fear instead)
The question is, are we victims or victors of our circumstances? Do we trust God more or ourselves? Let us be a Caleb and put all our trust on the almighty God!